Tue, May 09|
The Colin Trio and Megan Alder & The Woods
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after...
Time & Location
May 09, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
"Less of a trio and more of a triple-headed hydra roving through an alurring array of genre-blending styles, The Colin Trio is anything but typical.
Named after lead singer, guitarist, keyboardist, Colin Hogan, listeners would be hard-pressed to name any specific member of the trio as Lead. Whether it’s Colin‘s knack for slipping in and out of musical eras with ease, or bassist Brian Link’s adeptness with any groove, or drummer Cheo Larcombe’s ability to start at the flick of a match, watching The Colin Trio perform live is akin to three improvisational masters besting one another at every turn between a cavalcade of Rock, Soul, Jazz, Funk, and the Blues."
"Hailing from the Columbia River Gorge, Megan Alder is a vocal powerhouse performing upbeat swing and Americana music. She delivers her original songs with raw grit and soul.
Influenced by artists like Billie Holiday and Bonnie Raitt, Alder leads her band with fearless flat picking. She performs as a solo artist with live loops and kazoo flare. Her latest EP, Dark Side, features four original songs recorded live in Parkdale, OR, available on all platforms."
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!