Thu, Jun 22|
Lost Ox and Jay Si Proof
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after...
Time & Location
Jun 22, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!
"Jay Si Proof was created by trombonist and vocalist Jeff Chilton whose credits include performing with The Diamonds, The Platters, Broken Social Scene, and recording on over 20 albums by Portland based ensembles. Described as "earth jazz alchemists" by Vortex Magazine, Jay Si Proof's original music plays between rhythmic grooves, personal lyrics, and jazzy harmonies, blending the finesse of a Steely Dan record with the aesthetic of old school funk like The Meters and new school R&B like Erykah Badu."
"Genre-blending jammers Lost Ox are based out of Portland, OR. The band, known for combining elements of funk, psychedelia, jazz, Americana, and progressive rock, was formed in 2017. Rooted both in the jamband resurgence of the 1990s and the original 1960s psychedelic folk rock revolution, their style encompasses many familiar jam tropes, all executed and reimagined with an inspired, dauntless precision. The band has released three full length albums, Wildheart (2018), Earthsnake (2021), and Stuck (2022), with plans for a fourth in 2023. The Ox has stampeded down the coast to California and east toward the Rocky Mountains, playing hundreds of national gigs, traveling tens of thousands of miles... with no end to adventure in sight."