Thu, Aug 10|
Charts and Small Paul
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after...
Time & Location
Aug 10, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!
"Charts are a rock and roll band based on Michael Rowan’s songwriting and Luke Beckel's guitar work. The two met by chance after a mutual friend had sent Beckel to see a Charts show. The two bonded over a love for the Everly Brothers, Phil Spector, and The Rolling Stones. With Beckel's addition- the sound evolved into something bigger. Like studio musicians covering The Supremes in the style of The Velvet Underground.
The sounds have evolved over the years, but the love and jubilation for rock and roll remain. Charts are feel-good music and are a damn great time. The band has been a staple in the Portland music scene for ten years with a discography that ranges from the lo-fi sounds of a Tascam four-track, the precision of high fi studio to the warm saturation of 2-inch tape. Charts have supported numerous International acts in Portland, from Best Coast, Cut Worms, Low Cut Connie and Fat White Family.
2020 almost led to Charts being a studio-only band. As luck would have it, Ethan Boardman hit them up for a jam in his basement. The following weekend his roommate, Craig Rupert, sat in on guitar, and the weekend after that- Alec England showed up to play bass guitar. A month later, the five of them had learned the Charts catalog, including the new record. Charts have emerged from 2021 tighter than ever, and live shows have been a pure joy. Charts are the cathartic rock and roll made for these times. See them live, and get ready for the new record- Charts - Love You To Death."
Small Paul is a band from Seattle, featuring members of The Moondoggies.