Thu, Aug 31|
Brad Parsons and The Quick & Easy Boys w/ The Hazelnuts
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after... It's Brad Parsons with The Quick & Easy Boys as his backing band!
Time & Location
Aug 31, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!
"Brad Parsons is a triple threat as a performer, writer and multi-instrumentalist. He is a powerful entertainer who can take a crowd for a ride, from hootin’ and hollerin’ to the brink of tears with his powerful delivery and leave it all up on the stage. He is an outstanding songwriter who crafts lyrics in a thoughtful and eloquent way allowing songs to resonate long after the music stops. He is also a crafty and accomplished instrumentalist who can play just about anything with strings, keys or skins. People leave a Brad Parsons show feeling like they experienced something special.
Brad fell in love with music at a young age as the son of a preacher in Lewiston, ID. Once he made it passed the age of 27, he moved to Portland, Oregon where his music community embraced his sound and his lovable personality. After touring for a few years with the folk band, Horse Feathers playing banjo, keys, and guitar, Brad shifted his focus back to his solo band in 2016.
He has been blazing trails from Alaska to Georgia. His booming voice and well-crafted songs led him to appear at festivals such as Northwest String Summit, Winter Wondergrass, Jam Cruise, High Sierra, Aiken Bluegrass Festival, Yarmony Grass and many more. As his touring has expanded from coast to coast, his fan base continues to grow. He now has a strong following in the Northwest, Northeast, Southeast and Colorado, with his music reaching more and more music lovers in the Southwest and Midwest."
For this show his backing band will be The Quick & Easy Boys.