Thu, Jun 29|
Bon Bon Vivant w/ The Jack Maybe Project
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after...
Time & Location
Jun 29, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!
"Bon Bon Vivant is an genre bending band from New Orleans that electrifies audiences across the country with their signature blend of singer songwriter/ jazz-inspired/ americana/ dark ballads and up-tempo indie dance rock. BBVs original music pays homage to the bawdy New Orleans sound while infusing an indie flavor that leaves a lasting mark on listeners. This band's original songs are joyous, fierce, honest and heartbreaking as they chronicle life and all it entails through the sounds of the minor keys.
A true family band. Helmed by songwriter /front-woman Abigail Cosio and her husband, saxophonist Jeremy Kelley, sister-harmony by Glori Cosio. Abigail’s rich lyrics are complemented perfectly by the blood harmonies of the two Cosio sisters creating a hauntingly beautiful sound-scape to this already big sound. The bands unique instrumentation is also a thing to watch. A Sousaphone, played by Jason Jurzak, in place of bass guitar makes this bands sound stand out among the noise leaving listeners reaching to identify what kind of music they are hearing. With brass horns and a rotating cast of New Orleans musicians coming through, this sound is alive and something to expierience.
Locally, BBV is one of the highlighted acts in the New Orleans music scene, Awarded Best Emerging Artist of 2018 by Off Beat Magazine. Making their debut at Jazz Fest in 2022, after a long awaited festival-less time. BBV tours regularly spreading the gospel of decadence, revernece and revelry with their infectious live shows. A second full length studio album is coming out soon with a supporting tour. See them play all over the country in theaters, clubs, festivals, and even the occasional pop-up street busk. This band has a truly timeless and unique sound."