Tue, Jun 20|
Alanna Royale w/ Jenny Jahlee
Doors open 5:30pm, shows start at 6pm. $3 before 7pm, $8 after...
Time & Location
Jun 20, 2023, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Hood River, 13 Railroad Street, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are a $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. Doors open at 5:30pm. No early entry! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
The shows are all-ages until 7pm and then 21+ after.
Food vendors will be Columbia Gorge Crepes and Mt Hood BBQ.
Things to note:
- This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
- There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
- There will be no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
- We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
- Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
- The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
- Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
- We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar
- We donate a portion of the admissions money to 3 different charities each year, and each Tues/Thurs show all summer we’ve invited a “Featured Non-Profit” to be at the event, to fundraise and provide info.
- Every Tuesday Concert, June through August, will have a Maker’s Market within the indoor venue. Stay tuned for more info!
"Alanna Royale makes classic-minded R&B and soul music for the modern age. It's a sound
rooted in big melodies, blasts of brass, percussive punch, and old-school grooves, with songs
that shine a light not only on frontwoman Alanna Quinn-Broadus' larger-than-life voice, but
her songwriting chops, too.
The band formed in Nashville, where Alanna and guitarist Jared Colby relocated after cutting
their teeth as working-class musicians in Boston. Once in Tennessee, they teamed up with
bassist Gabriel Golden, forming a core lineup that often swells to as many as ten members --
including backup vocalists and a two-piece horn section -- in concert. Together, the band
looked beyond Nashville's country-filled past and, instead, took inspiration from Motown's
soul, Stax's funky strut, and rock & roll's rebellion. Tattooed, brash, and unapologetically
unique, they stood out in a town dominated by Americana music, charting a unique course
whose highlights have since included an appearance at Bonnaroo, a string of cross-country
shows supporting acts like Lee Fields and St. Paul and the Broken Bones, and an audience
that celebrates the band's diversity."